Summer’s Here! ( it is, right!)
There are plenty of reasons the cycle to work this summer, here is our top 5:
- If the sun’s out think of the tanning opportunities. Plus the small tiny thing of the incredible health benefits of cycling everyday which means burning calories, getting fitter and feeling the wind in your hair.
- You’ll save money – Everyone loves saving money and if you drive to work you don’t need me to tell you what your annual costs are for a car are. Even commuting by bus/train over the course of a year will add up. The beauty of the bicycle is that besides the start up costs and the odd repair and maintenance you’ll only spend around 10% of what you would trying to get to work by car or public transport. Plus, with Ireland’s Cycle to Work scheme you can get 50% off a new bike. 50%!!!
- It’s easier & faster! Unlike a car or bus, a bike can be cycled from your front door, can skip merrily through traffic and be parked right outside your office. Take all the shortcuts you want, you won’t get stuck in traffic.
- You’ll show our city planner we need more bike lanes. No matter where in the world you live, if your city sees more bikes on the road then the demand for infrastructure to support them quickly follows. Ultimately, making it safer and better for cyclists, cars and pedestrians. So pat yourself on the back – you’ll be changing the world.
- You’ll look cool! Okay we can’t completely guarantee you’ll look cool but if you’ve gone from sweating in your car or bus to rolling through the city in short shorts with a ridiculous smile on your face then you’ll definitely feel cooler.
There are many more reasons to bike to work this summer, some of which we can’t really get into ( ahem, leaving bike in work and going for sneaky pint, and taxi home!) but you get the idea. For more on how The Bike Institute can make your summer ride better or for more on how you can save money through the cycling to work scheme call in store or contact us here.